Friday, December 31, 2010

Red Wings Low Cut Oxfords No. 8109 - Mahogany



These sturdy shoes caught my eye the other day. I don't own them, haven't worn them, not sure where to buy them & pretty damn sure I don't want to be the one to break them in. However, once they have been sufficiently kicked to shit, I suspect they would make a very serviceable pair of shoes, sufficiently versatile to take you from the job site almost to the boardroom. (Well, maybe not quite that far, but at least I wouldn't have a problem wearing these out to get the newspaper and run a few errands.) Looks like they would last forever and probably be pretty comfortable after a years' time.

I couldn't get over the photographic similarity between this shoe and the L.L. Bean Blucher Moc (or at least what the Blucher Moc wants to be when it grows up).

A nicely broken-in pair


What they look like now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...