Friday, January 14, 2011

Needlepoint Belts

Sorry, I have been away for a while, figuratively if not literally, celebrating my birthday. While I was away, we have gained a new follower, and the subject of needlepoint belts came to mind.




I have long been familiar with ribbon belts and surcingle belts, both cotton and wool, but until I moved to St. Louis, I was not familiar with needlepoint belts. That is to say not familiar with their prevalence and their symbolism. Suffice it to say that I have been sufficiently educated in the meanwhile.




Even as of this writing I do not yet own one, but I have one in the making and it is being carefully stitched by my favorite beltmaker who resides outside of Chicago, Illinois. And someday (probably next year at Christmas) it will be showcased here.




For those of you with less patience, there are at least two retail opportunities to get in on this craze. One is Tucker Blair, the other is Smathers & Branson. Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...