Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bruins Open It Up in Boston, 8-1

The Bruins game tonight was as good as any I've seen in a long while, and I've been watching them for some time now. In fact I had to explain to my daughter that there was a time when the players did not wear helmets. I even remember when the goalies didn't wear masks. The first professional game I attended was stopped for 20 minutes, while Eddie Johnston the Bruins netminder had a deep gash in his forehead stitched back together. (There was no back-up goaltender on the bench.) And you wonder why they drank, or had the shakes like Gump Worsley.

Tonight's game and certainly the entire series has been about goaltending. Tim Thomas, my hat goes off to you. Job well done!!

Thomas stretching prior to opening face-off.


Shoving one of the twins . . .


on his ass!


He shoots, he scores! Bobby Orr wins it in overtime. May, 1970.
13,909 screaming fans go wild! Bedlam erupts.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...